God bless Africa
Guard her children
Guide her leaders
And give her peace
for Jesus Christ's sake.
I will update this blog over the next few days, as there are 54 sovereign states on the continent. But for now, this is an invitation to pray for:
- Zimbabwe, that Emerson Mnangagwa and the ZANU-PF government may build a new, prosperous and reconciled nation;
- South Africa, that President Jacob Zuma may step down, having learnt the lesson that Robert Mugabe failed to learn, that there is an end to everything; and that justice may prevail;
- Lesotho, for national unity following the assassination in September of the army commander by disgruntled former soldiers;
- Swaziland, that King Mswati may relinquish his absolutist and tyrannical grip on power, and allow modernization and development that benefits the poor;
- Angola, that the mineral wealth may not become a source of greed, blood diamonds and violence;
- Namibia, that SWAPO's (ruling party) National Congress may seek justice and serve the whole nation;
- Botswana, that this model country's stand against political and economic corruption, long lauded internationally, may continue and set a good example to the rest of the continent.